Sir Walter DNA certified is born and bred right here in Australia which is one of many reasons’ why Sir Walter DNA certified is Australia’s Number 1 selling Buffalo. Sir Walter DNA certified was bred to be tough yet soft with over 50 million square metres of Sir Walter DNA certified sold since 1997.
Some of the many key features and benefits of Lilydale Instant Lawn's Sir Walter DNA Certified:
- Harvested in our exclusive QWELTS
- Extremely Drought Tolerant
- Ideal for Melbourne conditions
- Grows well in the full sun or partly shaded areas
- Backed by our exclusive 10 year Lawn Solutions Australia Product warranty
- Self Repairing - a tight growth habit to hold out most weeds and Sir Walter DNA Certified will repair itself if required
- Low Maintenance – requires less mowing and with a surface creeping root system ensures a less invasive lawn yet self repairing if needed
- Weed resistant
- Salt tolerant
- Soft to touch and Low allergy
Click here to check out our gallery
Preparation & Installation
To get the best results out of your Sir Walter DNA Certified Lawn long term we recommend the following preparation:
- When preparing to lay your Sir Walter DNA Certified it is advisable to have at least 100mm of well-worked soil. This can be achieved by rotary hoeing the existing soil if suitable or if there is minimal or poor soil, additional top soil is required. Remove all stones, clods and other debris.
- Rake the entire area to ensure a smooth, even surface and allow about 25mm below paths and driveways for the thickness of our exclusive QWELTS of Sir Walter DNA Certified.
- Apply your Lilydale Instant Lawn starter fertiliser which we supply at no charge, to the prepared soil area ensuring you apply an even coating of the pellets to the entire area.
- Begin laying your Sir Walter DNA Certified QWELTS along a straight edge, such as a driveway or path, furthest from the stack of turf. When laying the QWELTS place them on the ground, next to each other in a brick-work pattern. Do not push them up too hard as this can lift the turf leaving the root system without soil contact.
- The QWELTS can be trimmed with a sharp knife or hedge shears to conform with your paths and garden edges.
- As our exclusive QWELTS are cut thick, there is no need to top dress with sand but if you choose to you can apply white washed sand to the edges of your QWELT pieces. White washed sand acts as an insulator to reduce edges from drying out, especially in the warmer months.
It is essential that a thorough soaking with water of your lawn commences immediately upon installation. For larger installations, watering should commence as sections are completed.
It is vital that your Lilydale Instant Lawn is kept moist with regular daily watering until root growth is established approx 3 to 6 weeks depending on the season.
Once your Sir Walter DNA Certified is established, it is drought tolerant and requires less regular ongoing watering.
Click here for more advice on watering your instant turf.
Mowing Sir Walter DNA Certified is an easy task. The first mow can be undertaken once your turf has begun to shoot new leaves once installed
We recommend taking only one third of the leaf blade off every mow and maintaining the leaf at about 30-50mm. Avoid cutting shorter than 30mm as it can damage the lawns root system.
During the warmer months mowing may be necessary every week; however this will vary depending on how much you water it and the weather conditions.
Sir Walter DNA Certified only needs to be fertilised every three months. This will ensure your turf has enough nutrients to keep it strong and healthy.
Lawn Rescue Spray-on is also recommended as a compliment to fertiliser and can be used throughout the year. Lawn Rescue will promote the proper development of root systems and early turf growth. It will rejuvenate existing lawns, bringing back life and vigor to tired turf.
For all your fertiliser and lawn products needs please visit Lilydale Instant Lawn's lawn care store online