Rhizomatous Tall Fescue (RTF) reputed as the best performing Tall Fescue for your home lawn. Being a winter grass variety RTF Fescue is a dark green colour during the cooler months but can struggle during the warmer months of the year without regular watering.
- Self-repairing grass that fills in bare spots
- Grows in sun or shade areas
- Backed by our exclusive 10 Year Lawn Solutions Australia Product Warranty
- Resistance to pests
- Resistance to disease
- Ideal for lawn lovers with amble water supply
- Produces a lush lawn
- Soft to the touch and gentle on bare feet
- Good wear tolerance
Click here to check out our gallery
Preparation & Installation
To get the best results out of your RTF Lawn long term we recommend the following preparation:
- When preparing to lay your RTF it is advisable to have at least 100mm of well-worked soil. This can be achieved by rotary hoeing the existing soil if suitable or if there is minimal or poor soil, additional top soil is required. Remove all stones, clods and other debris.
- Rake the entire area to ensure a smooth, even surface and allow about 25mm below paths and driveways for the thickness of our exclusive QWELTS of RTF.
- Apply your starter fertiliser to the prepared soil area ensuring you apply an even coating of the pellets to the entire area.
- Begin laying your RTF QWELTS along a straight edge, such as a driveway or path, furthest from the stack of turf. When laying the QWELTS place them on the ground, next to each other in a brick-work pattern. Do not push them up too hard as this can lift the turf leaving the root system without soil contact.
- The QWELTS can be trimmed with a sharp knife or hedge shears to conform with paths and garden edges.
- As our exclusive QWELTS are cut thick, their is no need to top dress with sand but if you choose to you can apply white washed sand to the edges of your QWELT pieces.
It is essential that a thorough soaking with water of your lawn commences immediately upon installation. For larger installations, watering should commence as sections are completed.
RTF will need frequent watering until well established, once established you will need to water up to 4 times per week during the summer months. When watering your RTF it is recommend to water for longer periods to ensure there is sufficient moisture for it’s deep root structure.
Your watering frequency will need to be adjusted during the cooler months depending on your weather conditions.
Click here for more advice on watering your instant turf.
RTF will require mowing at least once a week at a mowing height of 30-40mm during the winter months and 40-50mm during the summer months, this is best to maintain the lawn in it’s best health and giving it it’s best appearance.
Avoid scalping as you could damage the root system of the turf.
To keep your RTF Fescue looking it’s best apply Lawn Solutions Australia recommended fertiliser every 8-10 weeks all year around.
Lawn Rescue Spray-on is also recommended as a compliment to fertiliser and can be used throughout the year. Lawn Rescue will promote the proper development of root systems and early turf growth. It will rejuvenate existing lawns, bringing back life and vigor to tired turf.
For all your fertiliser and lawn products needs please visit Lilydale Instant Lawn's lawn care store online