Eureka Kikuyu Premium VG, is grown exclusively in Victoria by Lilydale Instant Lawn and is a versatile lawn variety that has been rigorously tested under local conditions.
Some of the many key features and benefits of Eureka Kikuyu Premium VG:
- Exclusive Victorian grown product ideal for Melbourne conditions
- Harvested in Lilydale Instant Lawn QWELTS
- Backed by our exclusive 10 year Lawn Solutions Australia Product warranty
- Higher level of winter activity compared to other Kikuyu varieties
- Self repairing root system ideal for activities such as backyard cricket, dogs, parties and barbeques
- Drought tolerant
Click here to check out our gallery
Preparation & Installation
To get the best results out of your Eureka Kikuyu Premium VG Lawn long term we recommend the following preparation:
- When preparing to lay your Eureka Kikuyu Premium VG it is advisable to have at least 100mm of well-worked soil. This can be achieved by rotary hoeing the existing soil if suitable or if there is minimal or poor soil, additional top soil is required. Remove all stones, clods and other debris.
- Rake the entire area to ensure a smooth, even surface and allow about 25mm below paths and driveways for the thickness of our exclusive QWELTS of Eureka Kikuyu Premium VG.
- Apply your starter fertiliser to the prepared soil area ensuring you apply an even coating of the pellets to the entire area.
- Begin laying your Eureka Kikuyu Premium VG QWELTS along a straight edge, such as a driveway or path, furthest from the stack of turf. When laying the QWELTS place them on the ground, next to each other in a brick-work pattern. Do not push them up too hard as this can lift the turf leaving the root system without soil contact.
- The QWELTS can be trimmed with a sharp knife or hedge shears to conform with paths and garden edges.
- As our exclusive QWELTS are cut thick, there is no need to top dress with sand but if you choose to you can apply white washed sand to the edges of your QWELT pieces. White washed sand acts as an insulator to reduce edges from drying out, especially in the warmer months.
It is essential that a thorough soaking with water of your lawn commences immediately upon installation. For larger installations, watering should commence as sections are completed.
It is vital that the turf is kept moist with regular daily watering until root growth is established approx 3 to 6 weeks depending on the season.
Once your Eureka Kikuyu Premium VG is established, it is drought tolerant and requires less regular ongoing watering. Click here for more advice on watering your instant turf.
Mowing Eureka Kikuyu Premium VG is an easy task. The first mow can be undertaken once your turf has begun to shoot new leaves once installed.
We recommend taking only one third of the leaf blade off every mow and maintaining the leaf at about 30- 40mm. Avoid cutting shorter then 30mm as it can damage the lawns root system.
During the warmer months mowing may be necessary every week; however this will vary depending on how much you water it and the weather conditions.
Eureka Kikuyu Premium VG only needs to be fertilised every three months. This will ensure your turf has enough nutrients to keep it strong and healthy.
Lawn Rescue Spray-on is also recommended as a compliment to fertiliser and can be used throughout the year. Lawn Rescue will promote the proper development of root systems and early turf growth. It will rejuvenate existing lawns, bringing back life and vigor to tired turf.
For all your fertiliser and lawn products needs please visit Lilydale Instant Lawn's lawn care store online